It’s 2022 and it’s back to Vegas – the full, in-person version of this world-famous indoor archery competition.
Last year, things were done differently. Only the championship divisions shot in this venue at a date delayed from the traditional February weekend, with the popular amateur flights happening remotely. This year is a return to normality.
More than 3000 archers will compete in The Vegas Shoot in 2022. Open practice kicks off on Thursday with the first competition arrows following on Friday, February 4 at 7:00am.
The event also hosts the Indoor Archery World Series Finals in the evening of Saturday, February 5 – this year with a special celebration for Easton’s 100-year anniversary.
Here’s all you need to know before competition begins.
What: The Vegas Shoot 2022 and Indoor Archery World Series Finals
Where: The South Point Hotel, Casino & Spa, Las Vegas, NV, USA
When: February 4-6, 2022
Who: 3000+ pro and amateur archers, all ages, from over 46 countries
Prize fund: Cash, prizes and scholarships over $400,000
February 2: Check-in, late registration, paid practice, bow storage
February 3: Check-in, late registration, open practice, Trade Show, seminars, meet the pros
February 4: Check-in, The Vegas Shoot day one, Trade Show, seminars, Championship $10K-A-Day Shoot Off
February 5: The Vegas Shoot day two, Trade Show, seminars, Championship $10K-A-Day Shoot Off, youth awards, Archers Appreciation, Indoor Archery World Series Final
February 6: The Vegas Shoot day three, Trade Show, seminars, Lucky Dog, Championship shoot offs
1. Scholarship awards: For this year’s edition of The Vegas Shoot, the NFAA Foundation in partnership with the Easton Foundations announced a scholarship fund of $39,000 for talented young archers to use towards furthering their education.
Scholarships are awarded to the top three shooters in each of the eligible categories in compound, recurve, bowhunter and recurve barebow divisions.
2. Trade Show: The Vegas Shoot is known as the largest indoor archery tournament in the world – but it also boasts the largest public-access trade show. This year, 75 of the industry’s highest-quality vendors are showing their wares. Participants can talk directly with people behind the brands, learn from the equipment experts and check out the latest gear.
It runs from Thursday, February 3 at 9:00 am until Sunday, February 6 in the afternoon.
3. Easton 100 Years celebration: A name ubiquitous with the sport of archery, Easton is celebrating its first century in 2022. More than $10,000 in prizes and giveaways, and a few exciting surprises, are on offer during Archers’ Appreciation on Friday night.
4. Famous foot archer: Gymnast and entertainer Orissa Kelly will perform not only once but twice at The Vegas Shoot. She’ll give a show on Saturday and Sunday evenings ahead of each of the arena finals sessions.
Orissa, who is keen on getting to meet and learn from professional archers said: “It will be a true honor to show the archery community my unique take on the sport and what is possible! I can’t wait to do an epic show for everyone on February 5 and 6. It will be an act especially created for the event.”
5. Indoor Archery World Series Finals:Vegas is the second of the back-to-back majors that make up this year’s international indoor tour, with Nimes being the first. The top performers across the pair of competitions will shoot for the circuit title on Saturday evening.
6. Seminars:A schedule of 12 seminars from Thursday to Sunday will be led by renowned archery experts. Topics include intro to mental management, performance under pressure, form for success and arrow tuning.
Check the full schedule here.
HOW TO FOLLOW
Live results: The Vegas Shoot app, Ianseo and on www.worldarchery.sport.