Preparing for The Vegas Shoot 2024 involves more than just packing bows and arrows. Here are five recommendations for flying in to the 58th Vegas Shoot set at the South Point Hotel & Casino:
1. Equipment readiness: ensure your archery gear is flight-friendly and properly packed. Invest in a sturdy, airline-approved bow case to safeguard your equipment. Double-check airline regulations for flying with archery equipment and pack essentials like spare strings, tools, and accessories in your carry-on to avoid any mishaps.
2. Travel documents and arrangements: organize all necessary travel documents, including identification and any required permits for underage. If needed, plan transportation from the airport to the venue in advance to ease travel logistics upon arrival.
3. Climate adaptation and attire: Las Vegas weather can vary, so dress in layers suitable for both outdoor activities and indoor shooting conditions and remember the dress code for Championship Divisions. Pack sunscreen, hats, and comfortable clothing to handle the desert climate. Don't forget adequate hydration and nutrition to sustain energy levels during the competition.
4. Familiarize with the venue, rules, and schedule: arrive a day early if is possible, to acclimate and familiarize yourself with the venue layout, App, practice facilities, and competition regulations. Check out the complete schedule and plan your day by day.
5. Mental preparation and rest: prioritize mental preparedness. Allocate time for rest and relaxation to ensure you're physically and mentally sharp during the competition.
Of course, don't forget to have fun before, during and after the world's largest celebration of archers.